We recommend that one commence The Dieta at least three days before the first ceremony and continue for two or three days after the last. Alcohol and pork should be abstained longer since they may have undesirable consequences when combined with the medicine.
The Dieta or diet consist on avoiding certain foods, such as:
– spices in general, but most of all no hot spices, salt, soy sauce and teriyaki sauce
– fried foods
-red meats and any cured meats
– Smoked, fermented, pickled (herring) and otherwise aged or dried fish, lox; any fish that is not fresh
– Fermented tofu, fermented bean curd, fermented soybean paste, miso soup (contains fermented bean curd)
– Cheeses, especially aged cheeses (ricotta cheese, cottage cheese and cream cheese are safe)
– Protein extracts, liquid or powdered protein dietary supplements
– Canned soups, or soups made with protein extracts or bouillon
– Dried egg whites
– Defatted peanut flour
– Sourdough bread
– Shrimp paste
– Pickled foods
– Fruits that are bruised or overripe, especially bananas (bananas that are not overripe or bruised are totally fine) and avocados that are very soft or overripe.
– Dried fruits, such as raisins and prunes, fruit cake and candied fruits
– Brewer’s yeast, yeast vitamin supplements, yeast extracts, foods with yeast in ingredients
– Red wine, especially Chianti; sherry, vermouth, champagne, brandy; beers and ales, including nonalcoholic; whiskey and liqueurs such as Drambuie and Chartreuse
– Dairy products (fresh yogurt is safe)
– Any food that has the word “hydrolyzed” or “autolyzed” in the ingredient list, Aspartame (Nutrasweet) and Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
In addition to the preceding foods, avoid the following in large quantities:
– Broad beans (fava and lima beans), Navy beans, Peanuts, Brazil nuts, Coconut and coconut oil (coconut juice or coconut milk is safe), Raspberries, Parsley, Dill weed, Dried seaweed, Chocolate, especially dark chocolate and Caffeine (note: in a few rare individuals, there may be a severe interaction with even small amounts of caffeine)
The dieta is a time of meditation, reflection and quiet, abstinence from sexual orgasm is also an integral part of this diet. This is an important required for two reasons. First sexual abstinence conserves vital energy needed to engage the challenges that the medicine sometimes poses. Secondly temporary sexual abstinence from sexual activity and thoughts allows one to focus on the more profoundly spiritual dimensions of one’s being. The diet should also include fasting from recreational substances, television and radio as much as possible.
Important notice: we request full confidential disclosure of known medical conditions and all medications/drugs/herbs in current use as a condition of registration for this journey. This is a necessary measure to help assure your safety and welfare.